Monday, June 9, 2014

I Need To Stopper My Ears... Or Better Yet, Cover My Eyes

Y'all are familiar with sirens, right?


They supposedly lured sailors to their doom
with promises of smooches and other fun times.

(Btw, interested in pictures of women's bosoms?
Just google "siren."  You've been tipped off/warned.)

What's my own personal siren's song?

The Dollar Spot at Target.


I CANNOT resist that area,
placed so invitingly right near the entrance
and overflowing with cheap Chinese imports.

Case in point:  this lovely hat? headband?
 that I decided to buy last December.


I mean, c'mon.  I can get my dork on with the best of them, 
but was I REALLY planning to wear this,
or did I just think,
"OMIGOD IT'S JUST A DOLLAR I MUST HAVE IT."

However, there is one category of purchases
 for which I usually do NOT later experience buyer's remorse,
and that's classroom stuff.

teachers usually end up opening their wallets for classroom supplies,
so bargains are much appreciated.
There are all kinds of crafty items, 
and there's terrific goodies for end-of-year gifts.

For example,
the second grade class I worked in did an insect unit
 as the year wound down, 
so I found the perfect gift for them in the Dollar Spot:


bug catchers!

I put a label on them reading 
"Don't get "bugged"... have a relaxing summer!"


Because just like with the Dollar Spot,
I'm also incapable of resisting a corny pun.


ETA:

Since I don't eat pork, I was able to resist this Dollar Spot goody.


But... just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment