Saturday, June 9, 2012

Attack Of The Zucchini!

Haaaalp!  I surrender!


I GET it, zucchini.  You grow like crazy.

Despite last year's zucchini failure..


...here's the haul from just about a week and a half from
my six "Container Zucchini Astia" plants:


And there's just as many out there on the vines waiting to be picked!

Oh, I can make these tasty zucchini cakes that I found on Pinterest...


... and also pickled zucchini, which was a big hit with my Weight-Watcher's using relatives.


But I think... maybe... six zucchini plants, even container zucchini plants,
are just too many.

Also, the leaves are soooo huge the dang things shade the nearby
annuals and tomato plants.


I'm holding a leaf next to a Topsy-Turvy for scale; the thing is about 12" across.

So next year, I'm only planting three,
and I'm keeping them in bounds by planting them in a pot:


Intrigued by these burlap-wrapped containers?
I'll be posting a tutorial soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have a 2 acre homestead in bought in oct.. I want to do the burlap tubs for my tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 2 acre homestead in bought in oct.. I want to do the burlap tubs for my tomatoes

    ReplyDelete