Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Li'l Gift From Me To You

As I wrote before
I always try to include a little somethin'-somethin' in my sold Etsy packages.


BUT, sometimes customers buy more than one Harry Potter quilt,
or sometimes they buy something small,


So what could I include in my packages besides a Gryffindor tissue holder?


Hmmmm....

What about some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean?


The problem is,
while I enjoy playing Bertie Bott's Roulette
 as much as the next Harry Potter fan,
(take a bean, eat it without looking, pass bag to next victim  player)
those store-bought things are not cheap.

So... why don't I make my own?

After noodling around Pinterest,
I decided to use upcycled paper lunch bags as my containers.

I CAREFULLY cut off the bottom of the bags...


... then cut what was left into two pieces.


I rotated those two pieces ninety degrees, and cut them in half again...


... so now I had four rectangles of paper.


See those two folds?  Not the middle one, the two on either side of it.
They're the perfect place to fold over...


... and glue.


Next I folded up and glued one open end...


... and "pinked" the last open end.


I decorated the outside, filled 'em with Trader Joe's Gourmet Beans...


...and folded over the tops and secured them with twine.


They're not as fancy as the store-bought kind, 
but I think their primitive look 
is closer to what the witch with the trolley was really selling.


YOU BETCHA, Trolley Witch!
Load me up!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You noticed the "CAREFULLY" link, right? I will be careful to the end of my days with a rotary cutter. I have no desire to go through THAT again!

      Delete