Monday, June 30, 2014

Parenting Humblebrag

Have y'all seen this Verizon commercial,
about how girls are subtly steered away from science?


Well, it just made me clutch my feminist heart.


And I had to ask myself,
"Did I do that?  Did I not support The Girl?"


I mean, I still feel bad that I didn't show up
for all her academic awards.


(She got so many, y'all! It would have been a full-time job
to show up for all the award ceremonies!)

But then I reminded myself that a few weeks ago
she marched across a stage in a lab coat
to receive her biology teaching credential...


(The Boy, The Girl, and The Beau.)

... and she recently changed her Facebook profile picture
to one snapped of her at a science/teaching workshop, 
holding a human brain.


So, yeah.

Maybe I didn't do so badly on the encouraging-science front, after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment