Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy Meal!!

Before I stopped working, 
my co-workers and I had set up a system where we were
taking turns bringing in lunch for our principal,
who was going through a tough time.


"There, there..."

I figured out I would bring in a sandwich from Trader Joe's
and include some homemade goodies
but what about the packaging?



Then I thought,
what's happier than a Happy Meal?!
"Happy" is literally in the name!*


The internets, sadly, could not help me out with a pattern,
so I just asked for an empty box from the smiling worker at McDonald's.


Then I got to work.

I carefully opened the Happy Meal box, 
and placed it on top of some red poster board.


I used paperclips to keep it in place while tracing around it.



I cut it out with both scissors and a craft knife;
you're going to need the craft knife for the tight parts.


I used a letter opener to make "divots" through the box,
so I would know the points where I needed to fold.



I used my ruler and the letter opener to score the folding lines.


I glued and taped it together...



and,
Ta Daaaa!


I decorated it with stickers and pictures of students at our school.
Because nothing makes a principal happier than smiling students!

Did she like it?

You bet!






* I know, I knooooow... McDonald's is terrible for you.
Which is why I packed a nice sandwich and grapes, instead of nuggets.

2 comments: