Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Have Achieved Zucchini!!

Look!  I have grown a ZUCCHINI!!


(Stars are not actually part of the zucchini.  But wouldn't it be awesome if they WERE?)

I know, I know... given zucchini's reputation, experienced gardeners are thinking,
"Well, aren't you adorable, all excited about a zucchini!"


But, this is what I managed, zucchini-wise, last year:


However, this year, I used planting soil as rich as chocolate cake,
and a nice deep planting bed.


I planted Zucchini Astia...


...which has been developed for container planting.

AND,
I tried something new!

I planted some zucchini in some
right side-up Topsy-Turvy planters!


I planted tomatoes in the bottom of these last year, and they did... okay... so I was meh
on planting them with tomatoes again this year.

Then I thought, what about using them as a super-deep hanging planter, instead?

GENIUS!

As you can see by the difference in leaf size,
they aren't as crazy-robust as the zucchini plants in the bed ...


... but they are indeed producing zucchini!


WOO!

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY
A SUCCESSFUL ZUCCHINI GARDENER!

No comments:

Post a Comment