Sunday, May 20, 2012

Forget the Maracas; Bring Home A Plant!

When heading home after a trip, what kind of souvenir should you pick up?

You could go the crazy-tacky route...


...OR, you could bring home a plant!


Now, before I get hate-comments about moving plants across state lines and such,
let me just say that cool orangey-green aloe plant came from a nursery
in my very same area code.

I'm a lazy lima bean when it comes to vacationing, and I head to the beach
less than two hundred miles away.  So bringing home a living reminder
is totally cool and legal.

Maybe the teensiest bit not cool and/or legal was the time I visited 
The Happiest Place On Earth...


... and brought home a scented geranium cutting instead of 
a Small World sweatshirt.


 Look how beautiful that violet-pink is, though!  How could I resist!

I just pinched off a little branch from some of the pretty, pretty landscaping,
and slipped it up my sleeve.
So now instead of a faded shirt or tacky figurine, I have a sweet-smelling geranium
that I've poked into the ground all over the garden.

Again, I didn't take this plant out of my state.  I live in SoCal,
so Disneyland is even closer than my vacation beach.  And as an aside,
let me tell you that ALL SoCal residents go to Disneyland at some time.

Parents might not "believe" in TV or refined sugar or competitive sports,
but they don't fight Disneyland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment