Sunday, May 11, 2014

Crafty Souvenirs

'Member when I headed to Ireland with my family?




 We brought back many fond memories,
but something we didn't bring back was a lot of kitschy souvenirs.


However, we did have a big ole bag of maps and pamphlets.


What to do?

Well, one thing I always make is a Christmas ornament for my kids.

And so when I saw this Pin on Pinterest...


...I though, woo hoo!

I used the die cut at work,
cut poster board for the center,
and chose pamphlets from the places the kids loved best.

The Glendeer Petting Zoo was for The Girl...


... and the Coach House for The Boy.


But there was still A LOT of maps and pamphlets left.

Then I realized, they would make terrific pennants!

So I got out my rotary cutter and ruler...


... cut them into pennant shapes....



... and strung them up to decorate my new guest room.




I love it!

So much more meaningful than a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" beer mug.









No comments:

Post a Comment