Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's The Moooost Wonderful Tiiiiime Of The Yeaaar!!

HALLOWEEN, amirite?


I LOVE IT.

I decorate like crazy...


 ...so of course I added a little Halloween flair 
to my Little Free Library:


But when I turned over my pumpkin...


Aiiiiii!!!

Pillbugs had started snacking on my pumpkin!

Measures must be taken!

So I got myself some timothy hay from the pet store...


... covered an exhausted raised bed with it and some pumpkins...


... draped some orange solar lights over my "pumpkin patch" sign...


... added a four dollar scarecrow from Joann's, and I was done!


As for my pillbug-riddled pumpkin,
which I moved to the pumpkin patch?



Aiiii!!!!
The pillbugs were still there!

They must have burrowed in deep.  
(Gross.)

But the other pumpkins still looked smooth and lovely,
protected a bit by the timothy hay barrier.


As for my funky punk?

I guess I'll just have to take advantage of its decay,
when it comes time to carve.


No comments:

Post a Comment