Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Knew They Would Come In Handy!

A while back, I mentioned that I was burning through Lysol wipes.
I saved a bunch of the empty containers,
because they seemed just right for an as-yet-unknown project.


And this weekend, I figured out the project!


 Dammit, Minnie!

Okay, let's try it again.

I give you... ghost luminaries!


These things are so freakin' easy 
I made a dozen in about as many minutes.

I just pulled off the labels,
Sharpie-d the faces...


... popped in some color-changing tea lights...


... and I was done!




Aren't they nifty?


(I also tried making a sugar skull luminary,
but I think those would work better with acrylics, instead of markers.)


They'll be scattered around the front yard come Halloween night,
so hurry on over, trick-or-treaters, to see something cool!






******************************************

(My Pinterest photo, because I'm hoping this will be as big
as the glow stick in the toilet paper rolls.)


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I kept telling myself, "Maybe it's time to throw them away..." But I knew I would find a project!

      Delete