Saturday, October 5, 2013

Basil Shame

Back last March, I started a LOT of basil.


Well, not quite that much, but a lot.

This was going to be the year I put up jar after jar of basil.


This... didn't happen.

I knew I was supposed to be pinching off the blossoms to make my basil nice and bushy,
but...I was lazy the flowers were pretty, y'know?


However, the basil seemed to rebuke me every day.
But at least I had my tomatoes, right?


And that's when the birds showed up!


I would run at them, screaming like a crazy lady,
all "Get away from my tomatoes, you birds!!


"Aaauuuugh!!! Get away!!"

Then I realized, the birds weren't pecking at the tomatoes.
They were eating the basil seeds!


I wasn't lazy with my basil after all!
I was being a friend to the birdies, and growing one of those cool bird gardens.

I'm practically Saint Francis of Assisi.



Just call me Saint Dammit Minnie of the Kitchen Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment