Sunday, July 14, 2013

Just What Did I Learn, Anyway?

DAY TWELVE

It was time to head back home.


The flight was loooong, but all through the daylight,
so our brains were tricked into thinking we didn't need sleep yet.

Although Toronto nicely had a Tim Hortons...


... it also sent The Girl back through layers of check-in
because she had some duty-free booze.
(But nicely.)

When we finally made it back to our hometown,
 I suggested that we swing through the Scottish Restaurant,
because although I'm no fan, I knew the others would enjoy it.


And even I couldn't resist the siren song of their fries.

***

Looking back,
we decided that while Rick Steves' guidebook was invaluable
 for choosing the cities to stay in...


... almost all our most memorable times were at smaller places we chose or found ourselves:





  



So I recommend being flexible when it comes to choosing where to go.

Also?  
Tell yourself you're coming back to see the things you missed,
so you don't go crazy, trying to cram everything in.


I know I'd like another go with my favorite travelling companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment