Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Would Walk... er...Drive 500 Miles!

Happy 2013!!!

How did I finish off the old year?

I experienced a strange white substance...


... and listened to a couple hours worth of  the filthy and funny ravings of this guy:

(Patton Oswalt, you made a crazy-long car trip bearable.)

I saw DEAD BODIES that were hundreds of years old...


.... courtesy of this museum exhibition:


 and my ticket-procuring sister-in-law for making a long-held dream a reality!)

I received a potentially LETHAL gift...


... but safely neutralized it:


(A mirror will keep a Weeping Angel immobilized, doncha know.)

Along with Pompeii, I thought I had a sighting of another one of my obsessions:
a trio of SISTER WIVES!


But based on their hair, head coverings, and accompanying adults,
I soon figured out they were only modestly dressed Mennonite siblings.


(No, these aren't the actual sisters.  
Although The Girl and I were so thrilled at the prospect of a polygamy sighting
that we were practically vibrating with excitement,
I managed to stop myself from snapping a photo of three complete strangers
when The Girl hissed, "Be cool, Mom!  Be cool!")

I did all this by logging an ungodly amount of car miles travelling from 
California to Colorado and back again...


...and now would like nothing better than sitting for an hour or six in a Jacuzzi,
with a jet aimed at my travel-weary booty.


How about the rest of you?

How did YOU ring out 2012?
















2 comments: