Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cupcake Countdown!

'Member when you were a kid,
and waiting for Christmas took for-ev-er?


So a teacher or parent would help you make an advent chain, 
to help you count down the days?


Well, those chains aren't just for antsy kids!

I'm about a third into thirty-five days of medical treatment,
that while it isn't the least bit painful, unpleasant, or even time-consuming,

IT IS...

about seven weeks' worth of five-day-a-week doctor visits.


So I figured I'd do my own chain!


I just borrowed some nice paper from the crafty Sweet Man,
and made a link for every visit.

It was daunting to see how many links I needed to make it,
but it's been shortening up pretty quickly.

I told myself when I clipped off a brown one,
I'd do something nice for myself:
buy a cupcake, or a new book, or a cup of chai latte.


When I get to that last link?

It will be a par-tay!


Or at least an extra cupcake.
















No comments:

Post a Comment