Saturday, November 24, 2012

Craft Fair Conundrum

A couple weeks ago, I did a craft fair.


I hauled most of my stuff there, 


and sat down and waited for the money shower to begin!


I mean, I had holiday stuff.


I had tissue holders for stocking stuffers or Hanukkah gifts.



I had quilts that ranged from tiny...


to big.


Unfortunately, the money shower was only a trickle, 
and I made (after my table fee) only...



...$39.00.


However, my booth mate?


Yeah, the patrons made it rain for him 
like he was a girl in music video.


So I think that's my last craft fair for a while.
It was a lot of work to make just $39.00.

Instead I'll keep focusing on my Etsy shop.
The beauty of Etsy is someone can type in the search engine, for example,


and there it is, in my shop!


People don't usually have something so specific in mind when they hit a craft fair.

But through the beauty of the Wide Wide World of Web,
someone who needs exactly the right quilt for a 
friend/sister/co-worker
can find that online.


"Omigod!  A Kawaii Kitty Quilt!"

So I'll be doing virtual craft fairs for the foreseeable future.




4 comments:

  1. Scott does a lot of shows like these and they are very hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and it's a LOT of work. I probably spent at least ten hours just getting stuff ready, and then spent the whole sunny day sitting and waiting. SO not worth it.

      Delete
  2. Sorry the craft fair didn't shower you with riches.
    I did enjoy spending the day with you. I know Jake had a good time too. It was amazingly warm that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a big deal; it was a good experience. Some stuff just moves better at craft shows than others.

      Delete