Saturday, August 25, 2012

Why, Super Bush! You're Beautiful!

Y'know how in movies/videos/tv shows
the boy totally spends nine-tenths of the time oblivious to the fact 
that his girl friend who is not his girlfriend
is a total BABE?


(Yes, Taylor, the glasses obviously make you a hideous beast.)

But then in the last bit he realizes her complete and total HOTNESS?


(Can't you seee-eee-eee how gorgeous she is now?)

Anyhoo, I'm feeling that way about my Super Bush tomato plant.


I've been rhapsodizing about the sweetness of my SuperGolds,



the meatiness of my Black Krims,



the, ah,
weirdness of my Costolutos.


But I've overlooked my Super Bush tomatoes like they were Rachel Leigh Cook, 


(Whoa!  Glasses AND overalls!  She's practically the Elephant Man!)

A second look made me realize that 
Super Bush has a lot going for it.

It's got nicely-sized tomatoes,
has a fair amount of tomatoes per bush,
has been drama-free this growing season,
(no wilting or root blossom rot or anything)
and,
most importantly, it's nicely compact.
It doesn't even really need a tomato cage.


It's the one tomato I've grown that actually looks really attractive in a pot,
and since my tomatoes are in the front yard, that's a real consideration.

Some of my other tomatoes might kick it up a notch, flavor-wise,
BUT...


... they look pretty sad, landscape-wise.

So, looking for a nice tomato to top your burger?


Plant a Super Bush or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment