Saturday, August 4, 2012

Learn From My Mess-Ups

In this post I explained how I used my Q-Snap to make a screenprint...


... for these t-shirts.


I thought, why not try to screenprint my fabric papel picado?


Well, it worked...


 ...except!  For one hiccup.

I had my whole production set up on the patio out back, 
under the shade of the lattice.


I went inside to sneak a peek at Pinterest  do something important,
and when I came out...

GASP!!!


 The paint had dried on the screen!
And now the fresh paint wouldn't go through it!

No problem, 
I thought.

I'll just peel off the contact paper, and stick it to another piece of sheer fabric.


Yeah, that didn't happen.

So I had to start all over again, painstakingly cutting another piece of contact paper.

But, the results are pretty awesome, no?


Next time, though, Pinterest is strictly off-limits whilst screenprinting.




2 comments:

  1. You said when the paint had dried, the fresh paint wouldn't go through. Do you think it could work then, to make a screen of an intricate pattern, by painting (blocking) the negative areas on the dry side of the screen?
    Thanks
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that could work. I saw a tutorial on Pinterest where they used...Mod Podge? I think it was? To do just that.

      Delete