Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Wish I Could Kiss This Woman

I hate basting my quilts.
Haaaaate it.  Even with spray-basting, it's tricky to do.

So before I spray-basted my three quilts today, 
I threw myself at the mercy of the Google gods.



(I dunno.  I pictured GoogleGod as nerdy-er.)

And, lo!  I was led to Chasing Cottons, where the delightful and helpful Kristie
had posted a tutorial, which included this super idea:

Use hand weights to hold the batting in place whilst the other layers
 are being centered and smoothed!


Sooo much easier and better!
I used to use both masking tape and  unwilling children,
and neither of them was satisfactory:
the tape kept popping up, and the kids kept trying to wander off.


Hey, you kids!  Get back here!  I still have two more quilts to do!


So head on over there to see her full tutorial;
if you're a quilter, you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment