Monday, September 16, 2013

Return Of The Garden

So, my garden?
Not looking so healthy.


That sad, shriveled thing is a zucchini.
A zucchini!

There was a time I was drowning in zucchini!

My tomato plants were also getting sparse;
many had hardly a leaf on the stems.


But I wasn't going to give up, dang it!

I live in Southern California,
 where summer weather stretches far past the supposed start of fall.
I have comfortably accompanied the kids trick-or-treating in shorts, y'all!


So I started fertilizing at all more often,
but then I realized something:
my water nozzle was totally weak-sauce!


I know from experience that grit and debris gradually clogs up a sprayer,
so while I had been watering for the same amount of time,
less actual watering had been going on.

So I bought a lusty, new sprayer...


... and things starting improving!


Zucchinis have once more been swelling,
and shoots have been popping up along my tomato stems.


Yay!

I should get a chocolate zucchini cake or two
 and tomato salad out of my garden yet.


 Though, y'know, not at the same time.

Because that would just taste weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment