Friday, April 12, 2013

Dots O' Arctic Yogurt

The Girl sent me this Pinterest pin:


And I thought, holy cats!  I'll bet those yogurt-y discs taste like Dippin' Dots!


(Dippin' Dots, there's nothing better during a hot day at Magic Mountain
than your frosty orbs.)

While the tutorial showed them being squeezed out of a baggie with the corner cut off,
I had a better idea!


Meet Kevin Farrell, AKA Dee W. Ieye, a Tupperware Diva.

Last year I attended his drag queen Tupperware Party,
because, let me tell you:
white middle-aged ladies love cross-dressers and drag queens
like they love birthday cake in the break room.



(Yum.  I am totally TEAM CAKE.)

Anyhoo, I bought this nifty little gadget at the Tupperware Party,  
and I thought would be perfect for making the yogurt dots!



The Girl suggested I use the mocha yogurt from Trader Joe's...



... so I filled the squishy thing...



... and covered a tray with dots discs.



 They froze up pretty quickly.



 I popped one in my mouth.

But!

BRAIN FREEZE!!!



They were cold!  

So cold!

Colder than ice cream;
somehow, (contrary to the laws of physics), colder than an ice cube.

I carefully sucked on one, and then let the rest languish in the freezer.

When I told The Girl about my experience,
she pointed out that she had made only a dot of yogurt on her tray,
not a freakin' MASS.

So, my advice for this project?

Make your dots the size of a debutante's diamond...



... not a drag queen's rhinestones.




No comments:

Post a Comment