Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bringing Something New To The Party

I've seen a gazillion posts on Pinterest on how to DIY screenprinting.

Some people use the actual screenprinting materials, but in a little frame.


Others, use contact paper as the "resist."

I put all those ideas in a blender, and came up with this:


I use some screenprinting paint I had, a screenprinting squeegie,
contact paper for the resist, sheer "curtain" fabric off the big bolts at Joann's, and my

The beauty of using the Q-Snap is that I could get the fabric really nice and taut,
and when I was done, I could take out the fabric and do another design.
I didn't have to worry about storing a bunch of frames.

Also, my Q-Snap is huuuuge -- a full 16 inches across.
I could do some really big images with it.

The results?


Matching screenprinted t-shirts for the midnight showing of Hunger Games!


2 comments:

  1. That Q Snap looks awefully similar to a gift someone gave their niece at Christmas...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not hers, though. ;) I had one left over from my hand-quilting days.

    ReplyDelete