Sunday, January 22, 2012

This Picture is a Lie

Just look at these fine tomatoes I grew last summer:



There's some heirlooms there, and some Sungold cherry tomatoes.
 I'll bet you think I had baskets of these.

YOU WOULD BE WRONG.

Oh, I had enough Sungolds for our summer salads.  

And full-sized tomatoes for a sandwich or two:

 

(Isn't that the tastiest grilled cheese sammie you've ever seen?  
That's homemade mozzarella, too! )

But my plans to give away bags full of tomatoes
to friends, the food bank, and even passersby did NOT happen.

And don't even ask me about the zucchini.

It's just plain embarrassing.


...


Okay, fine.


What the heck, zucchini?  What the everlovin' heck?

I thought growing zucchini was supposed to be like growing
crabgrass, or kudzu, or dandelions.

Evidently, not.


But of course I'm trying again this spring!
My virtual cart is full at Renee's Gardenand I'm armed with some new ideas.  
I'll note them here, and let y'all know the outcome! 



No comments:

Post a Comment