Saturday, July 11, 2015

A New Profession, Perhaps?

I opened the cabinet under the sink recently to find...

ACK!!! 
a major leak.

The pipes around the garbage disposal had gone all cuckoo-bananas, 
and since a whoooole lotta cat food had gone through the disposal...


... the puddle small lake looked something like the swamp 
the Weasley twins had left behind in Order of the Phoenix.

Portable Swamp, by Gnatkip

(Fred and George's sassy flight from Hogwarts is my favorite part
of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.)

But I'm a handy girl, 
and soon had all the pipes neatly replaced.



Since I had the cabinet cleared out, I figured I'd get my
Pinterest on and make the area tidier.

I saw this...

Under-sink storage | Modern utility room ideas | Utility room | PHOTO GALLERY | Ideal Home | Housetohome.co.uk

... but couldn't find any rods that were the right size.

I found this....



... but the dang thing didn't fit.


(I swear, nothing in this house is standard.)

So I screwed a couple of hooks into the door...


... scrounged up a wooden dowel and cut it to the right length...


... tried to nail some buttons to the ends to keep the dowel from sliding...


... then realized that this was not only twee,
but also impossible, since the buttons kept breaking.

Instead, I sensibly found some electrical tape...


... and taped it to the ends to keep the rods in place.


And since there's never a bad time
to be reminded of an awesome movie...


...I added a li'l quote to the container that holds the bug spray.


Hey, y'know what?
Maybe if this whole teaching thing doesn't work out,
I can try the plumbing career path.


No comments:

Post a Comment