Sunday, November 17, 2013

My New Workout Regime

I read something mind-boggling on Lifehacker:

standing rather than sitting at your computer three or four hours a day
will add up over a year to the amount of calories burned running
TEN MARATHONS.

Wow!!

So just by elevating my keyboard, I'll end up with a body like this?*


Sign me up!

My home computer desk needed a makeover, anyway.


Once I cleared things away, I found there were three different devices/plugs
that weren't even connected to my computer!


A poster on the original article had a good idea:
instead of buying a fancy "standing desk",
just put a little table on top of your regular computer desk.


He used an Ikea table, 
but I thought a Sterilite container from Target
would do just fine, instead.


(Minnie approves.)

The keyboard was sliding around, 
so I added a bead of hot glue to the feet.

Problem solved!


Lookin' good.


(As a bonus, the lip of the container works as a nice little ledge,
for me to put my meeeellion reminder notes.)

I'm ready for my new bod now!









*Yes, yes I know:  results may vary.
Don't crush my dreams, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment