Monday, December 21, 2015

AUGH! Christmas Is Almost Here!

I always make an ornament for my kids
and an old high school friend.

What should I do this year?!

Welp, while checking out Autostraddle to see if they've got another
Orange is the New Black recap, I saw this article on making ornaments.

These ornaments caught my fancy...

A great way to upcycle your old flannel shirts into holiday decorations.

...but I couldn't find the required plastic candy canes.

However!
I found cardstock gift tags at Target!


I tore strips of pink-striped fabric,
 glued a little bit at the tricky end curved parts......


... secured the end with hot glue,
 wrapped the strips tightly around the cardstock...


... hot-glued the end, 
and poked the sparkly thread through the hole to make a hanger.


It was speedy-quick,
and I love the end results! 


Wouldn't these look great in a variety of bright candy colors,
scattered all over a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment