Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Which I Embark Yet Again On A Gardening Quest

As I detailed in this post, I do not have a green thumb. 

But I have dreams, DREAMS blog readers!  I want to humble brag about how I have
too many tomatoes, bushels of zucchinis, armloads of herbs... won't someone
help me out with my harvest?

So. When it came time to order from this company:


I had one important criteria.  I wanted the description of the tomatoes to
include these crucial words:

"Heavy Yields."

I mean, take a look at the Costoluto tomatoes I grew last year:


They look pretty good, right?

But take a few steps back...


Sigh... this is the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of tomato plants.


But things will be different this year!!
In addition to my successful Sungolds, I ordered three new tomato seeds.


(Don't be judging my nasty kitchen grout.  This isn't a housekeeping blog.)

In addition to the merits of taste, all three of these tomatoes -- Mandarin Cross, Isis Candy, and Big Beef Beefsteak Tomato -- also promise some variation of those magic words,
"HEAVY YIELDS."

So I'm hoping next year I'll have some better photos to post,
and some more tomatoes to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment